In what cases it is advisable to mediate
The mediation may be efficient and most desirable in cases where:
- the parties are interested in preserving business and/or personal relations in future;
- the parties are not interested in an open court hearing, the dispute affects commercially sensitive issues;
- the court judgment regarding this dispute will most likely be appealed;
- the expected period for the case hearing in court is too long; the expenses for the proceeding, including the attorneys’ fees, may make the victory in court not worth winning it;
- the result of the court proceeding is unpredictable (while the result of the mediation completely depends on the parties’ will).